Diet plays an important role in the growing up years of an individual. It is essential to feed your kid with the right kind of food. Look for reasons to turn meal times into fun filled event rather than a battle zone. Forcing the kids with healthy food is not the correct approach. Instead instill the healthy eating habits at a tender age so that it becomes a part of their system.
Certain food items triggers mood swings and causes depression among kids. Major causes of mood impair among kids could be a faulty diet which is enriched with sugar products like drinks, sodas and refined flour. Caffeine also is a culprit in this case.
Tips which are very helpful in achieving the goal of inculcating good eating habits,
- Be natural as much possible. Keep processed foods at bay. Introduce the toddler to fruits, vegetables, fresh juices and milk. Canned food should be avoided as much possible.
- Be a role model first. Stop binging yourself on the junk food first and then expect the same from your junior.
- Unhealthy snacks can be avoided only if you keep healthy and tasty snacks readily available with you.
- Give a protein rich breakfast can ensure a great kickstart for the day. Indulge in cereals, yoghurt, cheese, eggs, milk and meat. Peanut butter on toast tastes great and is a good option.
- The major cause of mood swings is sugar. Avoid sugar based items which are no more than empty calories. Natural sugar can be absorbed from natural foods like fruits which is enough forbade body to function in a proper way. Sugary drinks and sodas can be replaced with banana milk shakes and products similar to that
- Caffeine and energy drinks cause mood swings and depression among kids as per research.
- Salads may sound boring for kids. But presentation counts and cutting the salad products in different shapes can be very interesting got the kids and compelling enough which is worth a try for them. These can decrease the depression and mood swings
- Avoid frying and replace it with baking. Baked potato is as good as fried ones.
Just reaching out to the kids in a different way can do the magic and save the kids from the clutches of binge eating and unhealthy intake of food items.
Author: adminKIIT World school is best school in Gurgaon. The teachers here take pride in their unique teaching pedagogies and a very well structured curriculum. A finest future for your child is guaranteed here.
How to handle kids with challenging behavior?
“A child, whose behavior pushes you away, is a child who needs connection more than anything else.” Kelly Bartlett
In recent times the awareness [..]
Let the kids play!
“In the child- even in the infant- there is, by nature, an inexhaustible and ever increasing interest in the world and for himself. It is not [..]
The Idea Behind Play Based Learning
Play based learning is an idea, that is intriguing most of us these days. It has gained momentum in the recent past. So, let us first start by what [..]