Feeding kids is no joke especially if healthy snacking is matter of concern. Healthy food can also be very tasty and kids should be introduced to such meals so that they develop a habit of gorging on healthy options. Mealtimes with kids are associated with stress for a lot of parents. With careful planning, meals can be designed in such a way that these can be easily consumed by even fussy eaters.
Parents often go a step further doing research for healthy options for their kids. Various recipe books and Internet links are available to make the exercise easier. Some tips which can very enriching are,
- Make small power packed mid day meals for kids. Do not stress on the three heavy sized meals of the day. Instead be cool and smart by dividing the day into small meals.
- Try encouraging kids to drink milk. It is a complete food in itself. Try giving them natural flavored options with a dash of seasonal fruits. Banana and mango shakes are great options.
- Peanut butter on toast is a healthy mid day meal option which can be easily incorporated in the routine.
- Boiled potato is healthy. Keep french fries at bay and instead try boiled ones with a kiddy dips and sauces.
- Go for whole foods. Whole wheat pastas and noodles are tasty and healthy options for children. Whole wheat buns and breads are also great as sandwich options.
- Vegetable cutlets are power packed with vitamins which can be shallow fried or baked.
- Flavored yogurts can be taken as deserts which are natural and great to taste.
- Eggs are ideal as protein providing element to the diet. Several recipes can be tried which are both healthy and tasty.
Try such snacks and mark the difference in the eating behaviour and routine of the kids. Change the perspective of the angle and things can take a desired turn.
Author: adminKIIT World school is best school in Gurgaon. The teachers here take pride in their unique teaching pedagogies and a very well structured curriculum. A finest future for your child is guaranteed here.
Importance of outdoor activities for growing children
Excessive use of technology, unsafe neighborhoods, home-tutors for every subject, busy working parents are pushing little kids to inappropriate way [..]
How to build immunity in children during winters?
Tired of being stuck in bed with your kid who gets cold every alternate day?
Not able to keep them warm even after 4 layers of [..]
Fun activities to do with kids during winters
Not sure how to keep your kids away from boredom when the temperature drops? Looking for ways to keep them entertained over winter break?