Climate change is a very subjective issue and kids are too young to understand the depth of this topic. But as a part of this planet, they have the right to be informed about the facts facing the Earth. Few pointers can be very effective in assembling the reasons and putting forth explanatory facts,
- Books are a storehouse of knowledge. Consult a kiddy encyclopedia with beautiful pictures and make them understand the difference between “weather” and “climate”. Weather is the everyday change in the environment. Climatic changes refer to a long term change in the weather conditions. If a certain place has warm climate, then it refers to a long period of time but day to day changes is weather.
- The concept of global warming can be taught to the kids using CDs and videos. The reasons can be explained in short about the melting of ice and the rising in temperature of the Earth caused increase in the level of carbon dioxide gas. This is primarily happening due to the gases emitted by factories and cars or burning of forests.
- Kids are very receptive to understand topics with the help of interactive sessions which are highly pictoral. The thinning of the ozone layer of the Earth is another main reason contributing to the climate change. But the topic is slightly difficult for young minds to understand. So take the help of games and gadgets like ipads to make the concept clearer.
- Let the kids explore themselves also with the help of young scientists board games and various apps which can be downloaded in the mobiles which bear information about the related subject.
- Science projects and experiments conducted as per the level of the kids is also a good idea to keep the attention of the children hooked to the subject.
Hence though it may sound a bit difficult in the beginning, it can be made interesting and easy for the kids by way of constructive methodology.
Author: adminKIIT World school is best school in Gurgaon. The teachers here take pride in their unique teaching pedagogies and a very well structured curriculum. A finest future for your child is guaranteed here.
How to handle kids with challenging behavior?
“A child, whose behavior pushes you away, is a child who needs connection more than anything else.” Kelly Bartlett
In recent times the awareness [..]
Let the kids play!
“In the child- even in the infant- there is, by nature, an inexhaustible and ever increasing interest in the world and for himself. It is not [..]
The Idea Behind Play Based Learning
Play based learning is an idea, that is intriguing most of us these days. It has gained momentum in the recent past. So, let us first start by what [..]