“A child seldom needs a good talking to as a good listening to.” –By Robert Brault
Disciplining kids is very important if a parent desires to boost physical and mental health of their children. A disciplined child stays positive towards life and achieves success more readily than an undisciplined child. Believe it or not, a child in discipline can very well manage their own decisions and can make healthy choices.
Few parents choose harsh punishments through authority and power to discipline their child which is absolutely wrong and at times, dismantle the growth of little kid. They become more of angry, resentful and shows resistance. Not only hard behavior impacts wrongly on a child’s growth but increases the chances of lying. Thus parents must ensure that appropriate strategies are adopted to help their children learn and grow in a well-disciplined manner. A parent’s job doesn’t end with the incorporation of well etiquette and confidence in a child but how these etiquettes are taught to them is also necessary.
Let’s think over few tips you can cook to discipline your child without being so harsh to them:
- Pampering your child is great as they want to be loved but spoiling them by offering everything they ask for can be upset to your child’s growth. You being a parent must ignore their tantrums and cries for never ending demands to make them understand that everything is not just a cry away. They must get their demands fulfilled by projecting well-mannered behavior and completing their homework on time.
- Explain your child what all they can earn by being in discipline and listening to your advises.-By completing homework on time, they can be rewarded with extra time to play outside or watch their favorite cartoon.
- Discipline never means controlling your child and keep a strict vigilant eye on them but it means teaching your child how to control their behavior and face any difficulty come across their way. Instead of punishing your child for their mistakes, rather politely teach them how to rectify those mistakes.
- A child who rightly knows the difference between correct and incorrect will automatically have a positive attitude towards life. So it’s your duty to teach them this major difference either in form of games or while doing fun activities together. Children learn readily when fun is involved in their activities.
- Love and discipline must go hand in hand. If your little child fails to infuse discipline in his life, probably the amount of love he wishes is not given to him. Pay your full involvement and indulge in their daily activities. Rewarding is another method while encouraging your child to project good behavior. Never overlook their achievements and good behavior but appreciate it whenever possible.
You being a parent must feed discipline to your child in a warm, positive and loving environment. More your feel loved and protected, more he will be encouraged to obey your tasks.
Author: adminKIIT World school is best school in Gurgaon. The teachers here take pride in their unique teaching pedagogies and a very well structured curriculum. A finest future for your child is guaranteed here.
How to reduce gadget addiction in young children
The new technological era is definitely helping us grow and move closer to future but calling it all boon will be a wrong statement. Technology has [..]
How to choose best school for your child?
Whether you are choosing a public school or a private one for your little kids, careful planning is a must. Your crucial decision of choosing the [..]
Managing screen time for young children
It’s no more a shock or surprise if you see a 3 year old kid wearing thick spectacles as with the digital age coming up, children stay glued to [..]