Gone are the days when kids used to meet in the corners of their neighborhood to spend some quality time with their friends. Planning a proper day and activities in a pre decided destination on a stipulated time is the latest fad. The modern mums call it a play date. So it is a date with your friend to play. Isn’t it interesting?
One of the best advantages of a play date is that it strengthens the sharing quality in your little one. Toddlers have an intrinsic nature of being possessive about their belongings. But it is simple to promote the habit of sharing while kids are at play. So parents can chill and let the kids be in the company of their peers.
An overview will explain certain handy tips to organise a play date.
- Pick the toddlers whose parents are known to you as the toddlers will be accompanied with their parents. So a time for bonding for both the parents and kids.
- Keep the gathering small so that it is manageable. After all it should be a pleasant experience and not a messy one with an unorganized crowd.
- Best time to get the kids to eat healthy when their attention is divided and something new can be introduced to them. Ask from the parent of the invited kid about food likes and dislikes so that the date refreshments can be planned accordingly. Be tactful and the rest will follow. For the older age group, food should be of their choice so that commotion can be kept at bay.
- Assemble enough games and activities so that they get best time to play without feeling bored even for a minute.
- Be prepared to get the kids acquainted with certain rules to avoid an unruly set of children
With careful and constructive planning, a play date can be a memorable one for all.
How to bring discipline into your child's life, without being harsh to them?
"A child seldom needs a good talking to as a good listening to." -By Robert Brault
Disciplining kids is very important if a parent desires to boost [..]
Encouraging Goes A Long Way Than Advise. Tips On Finding Ways To Encourage Your Child.
"It is better to bind your children to you by a feeling of respect and gentleness than by fear"
Children at the nascent age of innocence craves for [..]
Tips for a 21st Century Parenting
Do We Really Need to Reinvent the Wheel or inculcating old moral values to 21st century kid would be strong enough to enhance his overall [..]