Do We Really Need to Reinvent the Wheel or inculcating old moral values to 21st century kid would be strong enough to enhance his overall development?
yes, one can absolutely agree on incorporating and modeling old ethical values about how to eat, how to talk with elders but as with the aping of western culture, today’s child is becoming more of tech freak and a couch potato who is least interested in walking out to play games rather feels relaxed with his own gadgets thus parenting needs to be modified accordingly. Let’s ponder over few tips a 21st century parent can adopt to raise his kids while teaching eternal values:
1) Make your child indulged with family by planning monthly trips or fixing on doing things together like swimming, cycle riding on weekends. This way, your child won’t feel alone and can share things easily. More you connect with your child, more comfortable they will be in celebrating their success with you. Encouraging them to play outdoor games is just another way to keep your child away from Television and techy gadgets which is a huge concern for majority of the parents.
2) Playing video games or watching Doremon all day long lead to a sedentary lifestyle and increase risks for eye problems so trimming down the screen time to maximum 1 hour per day is highly advisable to parents of 21st century.
3) Don’t force your child to play any particular game or read any particular book rather let them indulge in activities they enjoy.
A Saying by John Holt –
“If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him. If, however, we are careful not to push a child beyond the limit of his courage, he is almost sure to get braver.”
4) 21st century working parents can barely find time to spend with their children which is absolutely wrong and in a way degrade the morale of your child. Try to spare out at least an hour and make sure that these 60 minutes, your mind is totally devoted to your child while sharing things with him and indulging in his chores. Talk with them about the things they see in school and give them the freedom to share their fears with you. Don’t downplay their fears rather encourage them to conquer it.
5) Most of the children do things they see or hear so make sure that your kid is enveloped around a safe environment that holds huge abundance of moral values to teach your child. This environment constitutes School teachers, family members, neighbor kids etc.
Parenting in the 21st century is becoming a challenging task which demands for absolute involvement of parents who can pleasantly maintain a balance between their professional and personal life.
We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future. – By President Franklin D. Roosevelt
Author: adminKIIT World school is best school in Gurgaon. The teachers here take pride in their unique teaching pedagogies and a very well structured curriculum. A finest future for your child is guaranteed here.
Managing screen time for young children
It’s no more a shock or surprise if you see a 3 year old kid wearing thick spectacles as with the digital age coming up, children stay glued to [..]
Building immunity in children
A child especially during his childhood is continuously exposed to polluted air and innumerable harmful disease producing organisms like bacteria, [..]
Importance of making your kid self dependent from the early age
“It’s not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings”