Incomplete breakfast meals and unhealthy diet comprised of only junk food creates a major obstacle to a child’s development so a parent must pay high attention on building healthy nutrients loaded regime at the early stages of a child’s life that will platter lifelong benefits while boosting his brain power.
Being a parent, let’s dig out some tips to get your child started a healthy food choice to stay super active in physical activities.
- As it becomes almost a difficult task to get your cranky child gulp down a glass of plain white milk to meet the daily calcium needs so to make the activity interesting and fun, blend some taste enhancers like bournvita or strawberry pulp in the milk.
- In fruits especially Bananas and kiwi, act as an instant energy booster and provides fuel to child’s brain power as well. So for the morning meals, a banana teamed with dried fruit would be a great option to help your child sustain his/her energy throughout the day. Dried fruits are iron rich and are an excellent source of energy.
- Excess of chocolate and candies at age of 0-6 years harms a child’s physical development as they don’t get required vitamins and nutrients. Add more of green vegetables and fresh fruits in their lunch meals supplemented with chapatis or paranthaas. Chop vegetables into interesting shapes to make them seem more fun and exciting. At times blackmailing them in bait of a new toy also helps, “NOT ALWAYS”.
- While making your child eat lush green vegetables, also make sure that they drink ample amount of water to keep their body hydrated and strong enough to perform daily baby activities.
While keeping a healthy regime for your child, developing healthy eating habits is also a necessary task a parent must accomplished.
- Encourage your children to eat slowly.
- Wash hands before and after having a meal is an indication of healthy eating habit.
- Try to make mealtime fun by having conversations with your child.
- Involve your children in food shopping in order to enhance their healthy food choice.
- Discouraging your children snacking while watching TV as it may lead to overeating.
“Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” ~John F. Kennedy
Author: adminKIIT World school is best school in Gurgaon. The teachers here take pride in their unique teaching pedagogies and a very well structured curriculum. A finest future for your child is guaranteed here.
Managing screen time for young children
It’s no more a shock or surprise if you see a 3 year old kid wearing thick spectacles as with the digital age coming up, children stay glued to [..]
Building immunity in children
A child especially during his childhood is continuously exposed to polluted air and innumerable harmful disease producing organisms like bacteria, [..]
Importance of making your kid self dependent from the early age
“It’s not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings”